Azalea Laser Clinic Inc approached me to design, deploy, and host their business Web site, as well as recommend and manage all their technology requirements, such as email and business appointment software. They are a high quality, high-tech, fresh laser tattoo removal clinic located in Montreal, owned by the most experienced and knowledgeable professionals in the field. They are also the first and only clinic in Quebec with the Quanta Q-Plus C laser, which is the most advanced laser on the market. There are only a few currently in all of North America.
Responsibilities / technologies
- Create a custom site design from scratch
- Make available to all devices and viewports
- Optimize for search engines
- Edit raw photo assets in Photoshop
- Clean typography
- Enable easy content management
- Access to site analytics and other tools
- Register relevant domains
- Purchase and deploy site hosting
- Acquire SSL certificate for secure hosting
- Configure custom domain email
- Provide business recommendation on scheduling software
The theme is a custom Wordpress theme, made exclusively for Azalea Laser Clinic Inc. It was not based on any existing frameworks. It makes use of rich snippets through schema to improve search engine relevancy. The site is responsive, starting from 320px and scales upward infinitely. The header navigation is selectively sticky, which means when the page is scrolled completely to the top of the page it is full size, when the page scrolls downward it disappears, and when it starts scrolling up it displays, but as a tighter, streamlined version. It has been tested in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, and IE10+.
The home page features a custom slideshow that summarizes the technology available at the clinic.
Notice the streamline menu. This appears when scrolling up a document after it has been scrolled down.
Tech / results page
Notice the navigation menu is completely gone. This happens when scrolling down a document. When a user scrolls back up, the menu will reappear.